Updated 3/20/20 Changes in Yellow
Juniors: Planning for your Future
During this pause in learning, you can still be thinking and dreaming about the future and what you want that to look like. YOU have the power to direct it. Going Merry has made a Junior Year checklist that can help you to start in your planning. Get a copy on the Paper Scholarship Applications page.
- Courage to Grow Scholarship
- Deadline is March 31, 2020 (awards 1 each month)
- $500 scholarship for a Junior or Sr in HS; GPA 2.5+, write a short essay
- Distinguished Young Women Scholarship Program
- FOR JUNIORS
- Deadline March 28, 2020
- Sign up for the MN State At-Large Program. Must be a Junior to participate. More than $1 billion in scholarships available nationwide for local and state winners.Make new friends from around your area; Participate in workshops on interviewing, public speaking and more; Have fun putting on a showcase of your achievements.
- Patriotic Art Contest
- Deadline: March 31, 2020
- For grades 9-12. Scholarships from $500- $15,000 if you make the National level. Sponsored by our local VFW Post #1720. Submit Two or Three-Dimentional original artwork. Get a copy of the details from Heidi Clairmont in the counseling office.
- Ann Bancroft Foundation GRANTS
- Deadline is bi-annually - April 1, 2020 then Oct 1, 2020
- For MN GIRLS in grades K-12 to pursue athletic, cutural, art, educational and wilderness experiences. Avaiable twice every year- April 1 and Oct 1
- College JumpStart Scholarship
- Next Deadline is in October, then April 15, 2020
- For 10th-12th graders. Held every year bi-annually - April 15 and Oct 17
- Minnesota Association of Townships
- Deadline is May 1, 2020
- FOR JUNIORS: (5) $2000 awards to Minnesota Juniors. Letter of recommendation, Transcript & Essay discussing this year’s topic: "Township Day" See website for more details or description below.
- Topic description: "Township Day": The 2nd Tuesday in March is Township Day. Every year each township holds their Annual Meeting. This meeting is often described as the 'people's meeting'. There are rights and authorities given to the electors at that meeting, but those rights and authorities are limited.: So, if you were an elector, how would you proceed with getting an action to happen and which one or more fo the rights and authorities would you use and why?"
- Triple Impact Competitor Scholarship
- Deadline is May 31, 2020
- For JUNIORS! (Class of 2021 playing any high school team or club sport) The Triple-Impact Competitor makes positive contributions on 3 levels: Makes oneself better, (Personal Mastery), Makes teammates better (Leadership), and makes the sport better (Honoring the Game).
- Raise.me is for 9th- Seniors (until Nov of Senior Year) can earn micro scholarships at 290 participating colleges.
- Currently in-state universities and colleges include: U of MN Duluth, U of MN Twin Cities, including their College of Food, Agriculture & Natural Resource Sciences, University of St Thomas and Gustavus Adolphus College.
- Awards for participating in extracurricular events, letter grades of A, official campus tour, and more.