(CITS) College in the Schools
College in the Schools (CITS) is a concurrent enrollment program in conjunction with the University of Minnesota-Duluth. Concurrent enrollment allows the students to earn both college and high school credit in the courses. The courses are University of Minnesota Regents approved courses taught by Grand Rapids High School teachers approved as UMD adjunct instructors.
Grades and credits are recorded on a permanent, official UMD transcript. Currently, 30+ UMD credits are available to the students of GRHS.
More information at UMD CITS.
UMD provides the student with:
- Undergraduate status, with all the privileges of on-campus students.
- Access to computing services, including e-mail, internet access and E-Portfolio.
- Photo identification card, the “U Card”, which provides access to UMD services and discounts to events.
- Full access to the UMD Library, including electronic resources, online databases, reference librarian assistance, and interlibrary loan.
- Campus visits.
- Transcripted college credits upon completion of the course.
- Assistance in gaining recognition, if needed, for CITS credits at other post-secondary institutions.
CITS Calculus I -- 5 UMD Credits
CITS Dawn of Modern Europe – 4 UMD Credits
CITS Europe in the Modern Age -- 4 UMD Credits
CITS 20th Century Literature -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS Great American Authors -- 4 UMD Credits
CITS Intro to Literature -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS Human Geography -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS World Regional Geography -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS Macroeconomics -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS Microeconomics -- 3 UMD Credits
CITS Health Science Terminology -- 3 UMD Credits
Juniors and Seniors need a 3.0 GPA to be eligible