Grand Rapids High School Meeting Dates
Student Activities Captains Council 2016-17
Monday, September 12, 2016
Monday, October 3, 2016
Tuesday, November 8 2016
December, TBD by Alumni panel 2016
Monday, January 9, 2017
Monday, Feb. 6, 2017
Monday, March 13, 2017
April TO BE DETERMINED
Purpose: To provide educational opportunities and activities for student leaders that are named or elected as captains of the various athletic and activity programs.
Mission Statement: “We stand to be a positive influence for our community. To communicate our beliefs, and carry ourselves with a positive demeanor of confidence, composure, and commitment to our teams and community.” “ When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.” Thomas
- that student leaders become more aware of the role and responsibilities of the position of captain,
- to realize the effect that student leaders have in their school and community,
- to understand the importance of being a leader at all times,
- to develop tactics to make students more effective leaders,
- to create a “community” of leaders among the captains,
- to share information between students and adult leaders to assist in developing positive leadership skills.
The Captains Council will meet monthly during the school year. Meetings will be held from 7:45am-8:15am in the Loft. Text 931-538-4525 in message box, @captainsc to sign up for my reminders.
- MSHSL Team Up Program, Top 20 Training, Guest Speakers, Real Life Experiences.
- Attendance and participation in all Captains Council meetings is the baseline expectation, in or out of season.
- Respectful communication at all times and to all persons, and in reference to all programs, coaches, administrators, and opponents.
- Sharing of information with teammates, coaches, and others.
- “Walk the walk” at all times.
- Speak “greatness” at all times.